Online Admission for 2020 JANUARY
Last Date for Admission – 31st January, 2020
For admission in M.Sc (Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science) please refer to the Common Prospectus for January 2020 and submit your application at the Regional Centre
Prospectus of Ignou Courses :
B.Ed. Prospectus for January 2020 Session : Download
MBA Prospectus 2020 : Download
Direct Entry Specialisation PG Diplomas in Management 2020 : Download
MBA (B&F) Prospectus 2020 : Download
Important Instructions for New Registration
- Name and other details entered by the applicant need to be the same as in the Educational Documents
- Applicant can log in to the admission portal through their registered email address, only.
- Applicant must use his own active email address.
- The Email address provided by the applicant must be functional and the applicant must have access to it throughout the admission process.
- Applicants are encouraged to use latest version of Google Chrome web browser for filling the application form.
Instruction to Fill Application Form Online
- If you are a first time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc.
- You are also requested to download the Prospectus Jan 2020 and read carefully the Rules of the University (Section 06) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read sections 1, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13.
- Click on the button NEW REGISTRATION that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button.
- Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 200 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions about Online Admission to IGNOU Programmes
Is it compulsory to register myself before submitting an admission form online?
Yes, it is compulsory to register with our Online Admission System before you can submit your admission form online.
Is Email address compulsory to fill online application form?
Yes, you are required to use E-mail address to register for Online Admission.
If the power/internet connection fails during the application process, what should I do?
Since the data is saved at the end of every stage with the ‘Save’ button, your data is automatically saved till the previous stage. If you are within a particular stage and the system is interrupted due to power failure or loss of connectivity, then your current stage data will not be saved. Please log in again using your ID and password and complete the form submission process from the stage where the system got interrupted.
What is the detailed process for submission of online application form and action to be taken by the candidate?
The submission of admission form passes through the following stages:
- Open the URL (https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in)
- Complete Registration process (which creates ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ for you).
- Your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ is informed through SMS and email.
- Re-login to the system using your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password.’
- Fill Admission Form online.
- Upload your recent passport size Photograph (maximum size 100KB in JPG format).
- Upload your specimen signature (maximum size 100KB in JPG format).
- Upload scanned copies of the relevant documents (maximum size 200KB each document in JPG/PDF format).
- Read the instruction and declaration carefully by clicking the ‘Declaration’ box.
- Preview your data and confirm details.
- Make payment of Fee through the Credit/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Payment confirmation message is sent to you through SMS and email.
- Press Next button to see the form preview.
- After the final submission of online application form, your may download the filled in application form and keep a printout for your record.
How should I pay the programme fee?
Programme fee for online Admission can be paid through credit/debit card/ net banking.
What kinds of Credit/Debit cards are accepted for payment of the programme fee? Is there Internet banking facility is also available?
The Visa and Master Cards are accepted for making the payment of programme fee. Yes, the payment of fee can also be made through Net Banking.
Payment has been deducted from Credit Card/Debit Card/ my account but I have not received any confirmation. What should I do?
If the payment has been deducted but you did not get acknowledgement for the same, please email the transaction details including the Control Number, your name, programme opted, mobile number, amount paid etc. to the Centralised Student Registration Cell at 011-29571301 or 011-29571528. You can email at email@example.com. If required, you may escalate and submit your grievance to our website at http://igram.ignou.ac.in/.
After Payment of the application fee, what information shall I receive through email/ SMS?
You will get the confirmation of payment made by you through SMS as well as email.
Where do I have to contact after successful submission of form?
Once the application Form is successfully submitted, your form will be scrutinised by IGNOU staff and if it fulfils the eligibility criteria you will receive a confirmation to that effect at your registered email address. If a deficiency is found in the application, you will receive a communication from IGNOU informing you about the discrepancy. After successful processing of your form, the University will provide you further information with regard to confirmation of your admission, allotment of study centre and other details for induction etc. in due course of time.
What is the time frame for getting confirmation of my admission?
The Admission forms submitted through the Online Admission System are scrutinised and confirmed for admission subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria. The forms are processed region wise on a first come first serve basis. Therefore, the time required for processing of forms for different Regional Centres may vary depending on the number of applicants from the respective regions.
If I want to withdraw from the programme after confirmation of my admission, shall I get my fee refunded?
Yes, University has a limited provision for cancellation of Programme and refund of fee as prescribed in the Refund Policy of the University. You may refer to the guidelines pertaining to ‘Refund of Fee’ under the ‘University Rules’ section of the IGNOU Common Prospectus. In cases where University denies admission, the programme fee will be refunded after deduction of processing fee, if any. The refund amount will be transferred electronically to the credit/debit/net banking account from where payment was made.
As a student of IGNOU, shall I get access to library facility?
The students who seek admission to a programme of the University through Online Admission System will get the same facilities as those who join the programme in off-line mode. In case you are staying in the city where your Regional Centre is located, you can make use of the library at the Regional Centre. In addition, you can also use the multimedia facility (recorded audio/ video lectures, etc.) at the Regional Centre. Your Study Centre is also equipped with library/multimedia facility. You may use the facility during the working hours of the Study Centre.
What is Credit System?
The University follows the ‘Credit System’ for all the programmes. Each credit in our system is equivalent to 30 hours of study comprising all learning activities (i.e. reading and comprehending the print material, listening to audio, watching video, attending counselling sessions, teleconference and writing assignment responses). Thus, a 4-credit course involves about 120 hours of study. This helps the learner to know the academic effort he/she has to put in, to successfully complete a course. Completion of an academic programme (Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate) requires successful completion of the assignments, practicals, projects and the term-end examination of each course in a programme.
What is the system of evaluation followed by IGNOU?
The system of evaluation in IGNOU is different from that of conventional universities. IGNOU has a multi-tier system of evaluation – self-assessment exercises within each unit of study, continuous evaluation mainly through assignments which are tutor-marked, practical assignments and seminar/workshops/extended contact programmes, term-end examination, project work, etc. The evaluation of learners depends upon various instructional activities undertaken by them. A learner has to write assignment responses compulsorily before taking term-end examination from time to time to complete an academic programme. A learner has to submit tutor marked assignments (TMA) responses to the Coordinator of the Study Centre concerned to which s/he is attached.
Can I join two Programmes of IGNOU at a time?
Students who are already enrolled in a programme of one year or longer duration can also simultaneously register themselves for any Certificate programme of 6 months’ duration. However, if there is any clash of dates of counselling or examination schedule between the two programmes taken, the University will not be in a position to make adjustments. Simultaneously pursuing two academic Programmes of one year or longer duration either from the same University, or one from the Open University (under ODL mode) and the other from Conventional University (regular or face-to face mode) is not permitted, as of now.
Are the Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates awarded by IGNOU recognized by UGC?
Yes, recognized by UGC.
IGNOU Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates are recognized by all member universities of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and are at par with Degrees/Diplomas/ Certificates of all Indian Universities/ Institutions, as per UGC Circular letter No. F.1-52/2000(CPP-II) dated 5th May, 2004, AIU Circular No. EV/11(449/94/176915-177115 dated January 14, 1994, AICTE Circular No. AICTE/Academic/ MOU-DEC/ 2005 dated May 13, 2005 and UGC/DEB/2013 dated 14.10.2013.
NOTE – For any other Queries please post your Question in Ignou Forum
To visit Ignou Forum – Click here